LAKEWOOD RANCH, Fla. - Garnering a final-round 74 from senior Chelsey Falk (Glenwood, Minn.), the Drake women's golf team capped its fall campaign with a 12th-place finish at the 35th annual Florida International University/Pat Bradley Invitational on Tuesday (Oct. 22) at the Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club.
The Bulldogs registered its lowest team score (317) of the event over the final 18 holes and concluded the tournament with a 968 (327-324-317=968) performance.
"I thought that Chelsey (Falk) and Hadley (Jennings) managed their games very well today and it helped our efforts to have two players shoot in the 70's like they did today," Drake head coach Leanne Smith commented. "We're excited for the offseason and the time it affords us to continue to work on our games and hopefully carry over our improvements onto the course when we return to the links in March."
Junior Hadley Jennings' (Trenton, Mo.) fired in the 70's each round of the tournament and finished tied for 19th place with a 229 (79-75-75) total.
Falk's final-round effort elevated her 54-hole score to 239 (82-83-74), a mark that was good for 48th place.
Sophomore Danielle Brooks (Red Wing, Minn.) carded a final-round 81 to place tied for 50th with a 241 (80-80-81) total.
The FIU/Pat Bradley Invitational marked the final event of the fall for the Bulldogs, who open their spring campaign competing at the Jackrabbit Invitational (March 11-12) in Primm, Nev.
FIU/PAT BRADLEY INVITATIONAL
OCT. 23, 2012 • 54 HOLES
LAKEWOOD RANCH GOLF AND COUNTRY CLUB (LAKEWOOD RANCH, FLA.)
1) Florida International - 876 (296-294-286=876)
2) Cincinnati - 902 (297-309-296=902)
3) Bradley - 904 (306-303-295=904)
4) Boston College - 905 (303-302-300=905)
5) Daytona State - 907 (312-298-297=907)
6) Texas A&M-Corpus Christi - 914 (312-306-296=914)
7) Florida Gulf Coast - 919 (303-311-305=919)
8) Jacksonville - 938 (315-311-312=938)
9) Delaware - 941 (315-316-310=941)
10) Western Illinois - 950 (319-314-317=950)
Bethune-Cookman - 950 (311-321-318=950)
12) Drake - 968 (327-324-317=968)
13) Florida Atlantic - 987 (333-334-320=987)
14) South Dakota - 1,023 (350-328-345=1,023)