Fifth-year senior kicker and punter who provides leadership and experience to the Bulldogs special team units...named 2011 preseason Player to Watch by the College Football Performance Awards...listed among finalists for the 2011 Fred Mitchell Award, given annually to a kicker from Div. I FCS, Div. II, Div. III, NAIA and NJCAA for achievement on the field and in the community...named third team All-America by College Sports Madness...Invited to play in the FCS Senior Scout Bowl in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
2011 — Earned first team All-PFL honors as punter and second team as placekicker...selected to 2011 Academic All-PFL second team...led the PFL and was No. 5 in the FCS in punting (43.3).
- Named a Finalist for the 2011 Fred Mitchell Award, given annually to a kicker from Dvi. I FCS, Div. II, Div. III, NAIA and NJCAA for achievement on the field and in the community
- Named third team All-America by College Sports Madness
- Collected PFL Special Teams Player of the Week for a second time and was named National Punter of the Week by the College Football Performance Awards and recognized as a National All-Star by College Sporting News
after averaging 48.7
yards on six punts with an 83-yard boot for the longest in PFL history
and third longest in Drake history in win versus Jacksonville.
- Named National Performer of the Week by the College Football Performance Awards for efforts in win versus Valparaiso with three punts for 156 yards (52.0 avg.) and a long of 70.
- Connected on a 33-yard field goal and averaged 44.2 yards on four punts in loss at San Diego.
- Named PFL Special Teams Player of the Week after kicking a career high four field goals, finishing with 15 points and averaging 50 yards on punts (5/250) in win at Morehead State.
- Kicked a field goal and had a 48.0 punt average (3-144) with a long of 60 yards in win versus Campbell.
- Connected on 31-yard field goal and was 4-163 in punts (40.8 avg./long-51) in win at Butler.
- Averaged 47.0 yards on 5 punts with a long of 54 yards, along with field goals of 45 and 37 yards in win versus Missouri S&T.
- Punted 6 times for 262 yards (43.7 avg.) with a long of 69 yards in win versus Grand View.
2010 — Played in all 11 games and led team with 44 points...made 3 of 9 field goals and 35 of 35 PATs to become second player in school history and first in non-scholarship era to make all PATs in a season.
Scored 4 points in 10-7 season-ending win over Butler on Nov. 13.
Recorded first career field goal with 31 yarder in win vs. San Diego (10/30).
Had a punt of 58 yards in win versus Davidson (10/23).
Averaged 44.0 yards on five punts in victory at Campbell (10/16).
Named College Football Performance Award Division I FCS National Punter of the Week on Oct. 11 for Jacksonville game in which he set a Pioneer Football League single-game record for punting average, 52.0 (3-156), including a career-best 67-yarder.
Averaged 42.3 yards per punt with a long of 47 at Montana State.
Averaged 43.0 yards punting (long of 57 yards) on his six attempts in loss vs. Lehigh (9/4).
2008-09 — Reserve player...no statistics.
2007 — Redshirted.
Prep — Earned Illinois Class 7A all-state honorable mention honors as senior at Carmel Catholic High School...also first-team East Suburban Catholic Conference all-league choice...had 39.9 yard punting average...made four field goals and had 35 touchbacks...earned academic all-state scholar honors.
Personal — Physics/Math/Computer Science major...named to 2008 and 2009 Pioneer Football League Fall Academic Honor Roll...recipient of Drake Presidential Scholarship...son of John and Simone Janssen...born Sept. 30, 1988.